Activator / Administrator
12-Month Fixed Term Contract with potential extension
Part-Time (30 Hours per week)
Masterton / Wairarapa
If you have a passion for sport and physical activity, have a love of supporting young people, and the ability to balance both physical and administrative work, then the Kia Hakinakina project team could be looking for you.
Kia Hakinakina, developing pathways for young people through Fundamental Movement Skills & Play, has a project purpose of engendering a life-long love of physical activity for all, fully aligned to the Wairarapa Regional Sports Organisation Forum Vision of: ‘All people in the Wairarapa Region enjoy (and have access to), quality sporting & physical activity experiences’.
The Kia Hakinakina Activator / Administrator position will be part of a unique team that will impact a range of settings through physical activity and sport session activation. A core function of the role will be administration support and event organisation that benefits Tamariki, Teachers and Volunteers within Primary and Intermediate age groups. The Kia Hakinakina team works for sport, with sport, for the community, and with the community.
Wairarapa Cricket Association are project managing Kia Hakinakina and acting as the employer of choice on behalf a collective partnership with Hockey Wairarapa, Netball Wairarapa, Wairarapa-Bush Rugby Union, Wairarapa Tennis and the Masterton Primary Sports Cluster.
Capability requirements for the position:
- Possesses an understanding of sports and / or relationship development.
- Ability to engage and enthuse with Tamariki, Teaching Staff and Volunteers.
- Actively seeks learning opportunities and further education.
- The ability to work effectively to deadlines, communicate in a timely and appropriate fashion, work in a flexible manner and contribute to a team environment.
- Sensitivity to cultural and gender values.
- Understanding of event organisation and management may be advantageous.
A full job description can be found via this link: Delivery Activator / Cluster Administrator
Closing Date: Wednesday 16 December 2020 at 4.00pm