Queen Elizabeth Park Grandstand Facelift
John Wright is a star attraction at the inaugural fundraising event for the upgrade and extension to the Queen Elizabeth Park Grandstand.
This iconic building is in need of a Facelift.
Following on from an application to the Long Term District plan for the Masterton District Council in 2012, approval has been met to extend and upgrade the current facility that exists at the Park.
A fundraising committee has been formed with the purpose of raising $60 000 to support the Masterton District Council in this $360 000 project.
With your support Queen Elizabeth Park can have a wonderful facility that will accommodate first class cricket and with an extended function room will be an attraction for a wide variety of events to be held at the park.
Plans have been drawn up that will achieve the following
- Extend and upgrade the changing room facilities to meet the requirements laid out by NZ Cricket for first class cricket fixtures
- Provide access to the changing facilities from the Eastern side of the ground (Oval side) in order to increase the security of belongings in the changing area.
- Extend (double) the size of the “Long Room” so that functions can be held that will accommodate up to 100 people – kitchen, bar and ablution facilities will be available
- Remove the current roller door shutters and replace with permanent “damage proof and fully secure” windows.
- Retain the original facade of the building so that the overall appearance remains in keeping with the period in which it was constructed.
The intention is to complete the upgrade within the budget outlined ($360 000). This is achievable through the project management of Andy Holmes and his support crew (the community) which achieves a saving of at least $80 000.
Please lend your support to this exciting project.